Content & Apps Latam will host
APPCIRCUS LATAM MIAMI
THE GLOBAL SHOWCASE OF INNOVATIVE APPS FOR REGIONAL CONSUMPTION
CONTENT & APPS LATAM (CAL) will host the on June 13th the first edition of AppCircus, the global showcase of mobile apps.
AppCircus is a unique global traveling showcase of the most creative and innovative apps presented by their creators during some of the most influential international events in mobile/web. The competition allows developers show their talent to mobile industry and developers community.
Since 2010, AppCircus has been in a lot of cities of four continents, where thousand of apps have achieved valuable opportunities for growth in a market in full expansion.
The meeting will identify and show the apps created from and for Latin America. A key debate point will be the creation of a production, distribution and commercialization of apps model model which allows for international competitiveness and that allows the export of developments from the Region to the rest of the world.
AppCircus will choose the top 5 candidates which will attend Content & Apps Latam, and will show their apps to the main handset providers, operators, brands and retailers attending the conference. Each candidate will be invited to attend CAL, and demonstrate their app on june 13th.
The same day, the winner will be selected and revealed by the main apps mobile delegates. The AppCircus winner automatically receives a nomination to showcase their app at the Mobile Premier Awards 2013 in Barcelona, during Mobile World Congress 2013.
The apps have to be in Spanish and targetting to Latin America and/or US hispanic consumers, but also the have to show an international projection. We prefer apps devoted to LBS and mobile payments verticals.
The top 5 apps selected
- Geo Locator Mobile app for BlackBerry and Android smartphones. Personal tracking app for personal and business use. Developer: Antonio Morales
- Club MTV is a subscription club for MTV fans in Mexico! Developer: Tim Saarela
- SQMOS makes recommendations to you on your smartphone to best match your current preferences for entertainment. Developer: Estuardo Robles y Javier Gramajo
- With Cinépolis® check the film listings and buyo r booki your favorite films from your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad. Developer: Manuel de la Torre
- Ottium is a revolutionary mobile application, were you can find the best deals and promotions, from leisure and shopping. Developer: Carles Campdelacreu, Carles Vilanova y Adrià Miró
- Edwin Zayas, Alliance Solutions Management, Research In Motion
- Heberto Taracena, Director General, Inventmx
- José Luis Carrete, Regional Digital Director, Televisa
- Jacques Lebois, Director de SVAs, Iusacell